Monday 10 October 2016

Task 3

Hello, today I will be analysing a piece of a level media title sequence called “grey area” I have chosen this title sequence as this clearly a dramatic opening which grades audience’s attention from the start and keeps them wanting more.  I personally loved the camera work as it made me feel as if I was involved in the production making me more engaged as in viewing this and furthermore they brake the tension when  the camera is on the floor kicking it showing the charecters in the titel sequence is in danger and in need of help. The genre is clearly a crime and gang violence.  The idea was very clear alongside with the credits. Some shot types they used were: over the shoulder, low shot and midshot these shots added the tension as the over the shoulder running shot made you feel involves and the mid shot helped to further degrees the tension and also helps to show the charecters voleribility and that we could relate the them. Personally I didn’t like that there was a lot of black screen and that their wasn’t a lot of acting but this does kind addes to the fact we want to kow more. The lighting was effective and the opening does  look realistic as they don’t want you to knw the whole story before the film start  great cliff hanger make us wanting more.  Personally I wish that this film didn't have as much black screen in the title sequence and that they could of dine a little less of the running shot and more on the cliffhanger shot as it was the best part of the sequence that would of made the piece better in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment